Saturday 17 October 2009

World Book Day 2010

I've just started putting the word around Welsh schools for my next visit to Wales (yes, I know I've only just come back). But World Book Day (4th March) is a must for me, especially when it's so close to St David's Day ~ tangling in my roots, so to speak.

Several schools are already expressing an interest, and two have already booked, which is great. I'm hoping to spend a couple of days in the south, doing battle with the M4 to visit Cardiff schools, then travel North to the Lleyn peninsula and maybe some Anglesey and Gwynedd schools.

Something that's gratifying is the number of schools using my "Tirion's Secret Journal" and "Troublesome Thomas" to "do" the Stuarts. I'm quite proud of those two books ~ they're the sort of historical novels that got me hooked when I was a kid.

I was very upset to learn that there's a possibility that one North Wales Library Service may have to dump its children's library service because of budget cuts. For goodness sake, what's going on? If we aren't encouraging kids into libraries, how can we expect them to become readers?

I can't imagine life without books: it would be hell.

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up blogging. I am trawling the blogs in Brittany and yours is so far more interesting than the others I have read.
    I have lived here for 7 years and have been blogging off and on since I came. Inspite of many difficulties (even throwing my laptop through the window once) I at last am quite happy with my current two blogs.

    ReplyDelete